This post is about what my family noticed in Autumn on K’gari.
The weather is cool, but not too cool, beautiful flora, amazing sunsets and sunrises, regular rain, nice green grass and cool fauna make Autumn on K’gari a beautiful time 🙂
- Bush tucker: midyim berries (Austromyrtus dulcis) have stared fruiting again and Pig Face (Carpobrotus glaucscens) have stopped fruiting.
- Weather: The weather here in autumn has been quite pleasant, not too hot and not too cold. The beach has been great for swimming every day if it’s not raining. Towards the end of Autumn the nights were getting cooler and I now have one sheet, two blankets, one doona and one sleeping bag on my bed as well as a hot water bottle.
- Surprisingly the mozzies love cold nights so I have bites all over my ankles!!
- There has been lots of rubbish washing up on the beach so we have been walking along the beach doing clean-ups.
- There are a lot less jellyfish around, luckily for us!
- In early April there were lots of rainbows around a we got some lovely photos 🙂
- At last I have got some pumpkins growing!! I have 3 big ones on the plant that are nearly ready!
- There also seems to be a lot of flowers around, we have seen many delightfully beautiful ones around the Island 🙂
- This seems to be the season for visitors: we have had four families visit in the last three months!
- We have also noticed that there are more snakes about but less goannas. We think the snakes might be sunbaking and filling up their bellies before they go into hibernation.