This post is about what my family has noticed on K’gari in November, we kept a sheet of paper that we wrote on each time we noticed something new.
This is what we noticed:
- March flies are still around.
- Jelly fish are also still washing up, not as many as in October though.
- A pygmy sperm whale washed up.
- Grasshoppers are starting to appear around our garden.
- Two goannas have moved into our yard. Iluka and I named them Yellow Spot and Beauty.
- Reptiles seem to be out and about more. On a walk to Pile Valley we saw a goanna trying to steal eggs from a cockatoos nest!
- Kauri pines drop their cones so watch your head!!!!
- Soap bush seeds have all dropped to the ground.
- Midgim berry are now flowering but we are still finding some fruit on inland walking tracks 🙂
- Dianella is also fruiting.
- Cicadas are welcoming summer.
- We saw our first Christmas Beetle.
- Turtles are coming in to nest at Sandy Cape.
- Pig face are still flowering and fruiting which I think they do all year round?
- It is getting verrrrrrry hot!
- South-east winds are blowing sand around.
Thank you for reading and see you again soon,