This post is about what we collected in week 2 and week 3 of our Take 3 for the Sea Project, I have also listed some changes and similarities I noticed between the beginning and the end of the project.
Some changes we have noticed between the beginning and the end:
- The plovers I mentioned in the Take 3 for the Sea Project introduction are either not here or are keeping to themselves because they have not been swooping us, luckily.
- The only day it rained when we were collecting rubbish was in the start of the project.
- There were more strong winds towards the end of the project.
- About 10 – 15 dead and exhausted shearwaters washed up on the beach towards the end of the project.
Some similarities I have noticed between the beginning and the end:
- We have seemed to pick up the same amount of rubbish each day.
- The road to the ranger base we live at always has tiny pieces of rubbish on it that are being continually uncovered by the movement of the sand.
- We seem to see lots of animal foot prints (including dingoes, seabirds and crabs) each time we went.
Stay tuned for “Take 3 for the sea Part 3” to find out just how much rubbish we actually collected 🙂